Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Construction Paint Question

Posted by jeannie01 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 10:45

One of my neighbors said that the builder does not have the ceiling painted. They have a stippled look to them, and my neighbor said she actually prefers her's unpainted as they look "whiter".

Did you have your new home ceilings painted? I know in my last house I did, so I'm thinking it's odd for them NOT to be painted. But, times change.

Should I have the builder paint them or not?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Construction Paint Question

Paint them - they are drywall mud or have one coat od drywall sealer over drywall mud.

If you don't, the surface will absorb odors and grease.

Have them painted white, if you like, but have them painted.

o

Thanks - That's what I thought. I think it's just the builders way to save cost!

o

It is the builders way of being cheap and not doing a proper job, no other excuse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here