Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Deciding on paint colors for new home!

Posted by JessicaW0614 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 10:40

My husband and I are buying our first house! We haven't moved in yet, but I'm already brainstorming ideas. The house we are buying has a light-filled living room with a cathedral ceiling, and the kitchen is separated by a wall that does not go all the way to the ceiling. Two of the main walls in the kitchen are the exact same walls in the living room, so the colors need to work well in both rooms. I love how bright the area is with all the windows, and I have thoughts to paint all of the oak trim white to make it really pop. I have a chocolate brown couch, an orange antique chair, hand-me-down oak furniture, apple green pillows and accessories, and lots of black and white artwork (white mats, black frames). I love the combination of orange and green. The kitchen cabinets are oak (I'm definitely considering painting them white), but the countertops are gray (I think they're concrete?). Any ideas on paint colors for the living room and kitchen? Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Deciding on paint colors for new home!

Living Room - wall that also goes into the kitchen

o

living room wall that goes into the kitchen area

o

kitchen - the wall with the windows is also seen from the living room

o

kitchen

o

kitchen

o

P.S. The furniture in the picture is NOT mine! Try to ignore the furniture and think of the space with a brown couch, an orange chair, black and white and apple green accents. Thanks for all your help! :-)

o

Hi Jessica. Beautiful home! I'm not much help with paint colors, but I would suggest that if you post this in the Home Decorating forum (particularly with all those great pics). You'll get some amazing advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here