Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rob_fleming6164357

Pls Help Picking Main Neutral Color

Rob F.
11 years ago

Hi All:

I am new to this forum and am hoping for some help. House is a large Craftsman/traditional in Atlanta. We just bought it and are having the entire inside repainted. My DW has thrown her hands up and painter is very good but little help in picking colors and it is unfortunately falling in my lap, which I find overwhelming and so, I am hoping for some guidance/help. The house is fairly large (4400 sf) and two levels. The main floor is pretty much open floor plan and the front door opens to a two story great room with a stone fireplace (seems like flagstone) which does not get a tremendous amount of light. The floors are being stained Jacobean (very dark and they have to be as they are dark now). I have picked Porter linen white which is already up for ceiling (flat) and trim (semi-gloss) and I think it looks great. I am at a loss though of picking a neutral color that is sufficiently darker than the linen white but light enough to go with the Jacobean floor which is run throughout the house and lack of light on main level. Painter suggested BM Grant Beige HC83 (which I think is way too dark); BM Tapestry Beige OC-32 (which honesly looks too white, almost as light as the linen white trim) and SW Rice Grain 6155 (which I like alot but have chosen to use in the master bedroom as it has a bit of green in it and goes well with some green in the tile in the master bath). I am not interested in a green for the main neutral. Can anyone suggest a light tan or similar to use thoughout the whole house that we can play off for the kitchen and bedrooms. Perhas a tan/kahki? Thanks for the help. Oh yeah, and of course, I am under the gun as the painters are waiting on me.

Comment (1)