Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For 'Metal Substrates Only'

Posted by tom418 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 9:58

I just bought a can of Benjamin Moore Z235 01 Regal Satin Impervo to do my wood trim inside the house.

The dealer (and another local one nearby) insist that I can use it on wood trim moldings. However, the label on the back of the can says "for metal substrates only"!!!!

Also, on my older can, the label said "Satin Impervo" and "for walls and trim" . While this one says "Satin Impervo" also, it is msissing the "walls and trim" statement.

So, is it safe to use this on wood trim?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For 'Metal Substrates Only'

Question answered.

I called Ben Moore's customer service department, and was told that the store misinformed me about the use. It is NOT intended for wood trim. I went with the water based paint instead.

o

I guess they have made some radical changes lately, because I have used oil satin Impervo, and oil semi gloss Impervo (which is now called Dulamel) on woodwork for decades!
Casey

o

Sombreuil: I too have used the Impervo oil based paint. But my last can was a C235 01 , and the paint in question was a Z235 01. At $29/quart, I couldn't take a chance on it's not coming out correctly.

Oh and the C235 01 had a label on the front that said "For Walls and trim"! The Z235 01 says "for metal substrates only".

By the way: I actually prefer the finish of the oil base C235 01

I'm waiting to hear back from Moore as to whether there is an OIL based enamel for walls and trim.

Thanks for the reply.

o

Sombreuil: I just found out that Moore STILL MAKES the C235 01 oil based enamel for walls and trim. Apparently, the store owner thought that it was replaced by the Z235 01!

Well, kind of late for me, as I finished painting this room. Too bad that the fellow at Moore's customer service steered me toward the water based enamel (314 01), which I don't think is as good quality as what we've been using "for decades" !

o

I knew they still sold it (in WV) in January, because that was the last qt of Impervo/Dulamel I have bought.
Casey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here