Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint at 75, 50, and 25% sautration?

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 9:55

I'm not sure I'm using the correct terms here, but wanted to run this by you guys.

I have finally found a color I like that doesn't turn blue in my house. This has been a 7 year search with mostly error, not trial.

I want to use the same color on the ceiling as the walls, but lighter. Perhaps I'm over thinking this, but if I just ask for something 50% lighter, does it change the basic color of the paint? I'm really gun shy after the difficulties I've had, even with samples. I guess I'm asking if there's some reason it'll take on another life of its own hue if I just get it at a reduced strength?

I actually think there must be some kind of coating on my Allside windows (never buy them) that bring out blue in everything because in indirect light, every color I thought I was going to use was gorgeous. Put those puppies in direct sunlight? I can't tell you how many colors became turquoise or just blueish.

The color in particular is Glidden's 'Natural Wicker.' I'd be picking it up at Sherwin Williams, though, because of the huge DirectBuy discount. Some of the other colors I'm looking at for other rooms, with the same ceiling color are Duron/SW 'Tinderbox,' and Glidden's 'Natural Linen.' Really that doesn't mean anything in the scope of my question, except I'm so excited to finally have drywall to paint after 9 years.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint at 75, 50, and 25% sautration?

Not really any help to you, but just did posters of Glidden natural linen & natural wicker - they match my bathroom tile.

BTW - you can order 8oz samples from HD and they will send them to you, $3 & free shipping, I bought a dozen colors to test out. (Have to paint entire house.)

o

I understand your thinking with different % saturation - I guess mixing with white?
I did something like that to make a chalkboard calendar. I started with black and white latex paints, and mixed four shades of gray - 40% black, 60% black, 80% black, and 100% black. The four colors all work well together.

What i the "huge DirectBuy" discount? I am trying to convince myself to use something more expensive than Behr, and a discount sounds like a good thing.

o

I think you would be better off choosing from a color wheel than trying to guess 50%.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here