Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Epoxy for Garage; Allfloor

Posted by sailormass (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 8:59

Hi--I'm moving into a newly-constructed house in a couple of weeks and have been thinking about using an epoxy paint on the garage and possibly the cellar floor. My concern is that an epoxy coating might be slippery and we get a fair amount of snow and rain in the winter where I live.

My local paint store guru, who seems very knowledgeable, recommended California Paint's AllFloor Epoxy Fortified Acrylic Floor Enamel. This is a one-part epoxy and, according to my paint guy, is not slippery.

Has anyone used this? Any thoughts about slipperiness, even with anti-skid stuff added?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epoxy for Garage; Allfloor

I used the Quikrete kit attached below two years ago in my unattached, unheated garage. It is holding up great. I used the little "srinkle flakes" for color and put the sand/grit in the top coat sealer. It is definitely not slick when wet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quikrete 2-part Epoxy

o

We had our garage floor done professionally. To be honest, I didn't do a lot of research, because I didn't feel like doing it myself anyway. But from what little reading I did do, it sounded like the stuff that's basically just paint isn't that great. The epoxy stuff. probably like what tuesday_2008 mentioned, is the way to go from what I know. The one I briefly looked at before deciding not to do it myself is Epoxy-Coat. They sell a kit that comes with everything you need supposedly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Epoxy-Coat

o

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here