Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
war_eagle

Professional Painter Question

War_Eagle
10 years ago

Just curious of a few things on a new build. Size of house is around 4,500 sq. ft,lots of crown molding, etc... What would be an estimate for a job like this? How many man hours would it take? To make a long story short I took on this project by myself...zero help. I have a full time job and go over after work everyday. I also used a two week vacation (13 hours a day) and Friday (dont work on Fridays), Saturday and Sunday (sunrise to sunset). I started this "routine" on May 6 and after this past weekend am ready to paint trim (have spent the past 100+ hours of work time just caulking, sanding and filling nail holes). My other frustration are the trim guys.....I dont think they were used to going into a new build with every wall painted with what I thought was an almost finished coat. So I have lots of scratches on walls, dents, dirty hand prints on walls and ceilings, writing on walls, etc.... By the way I also did all of the exterior...but that was done back in the early spring. I now have a much better appreciation for professional painters. I also think the estimate that I did get for this job was not that outrageous.

Comments (3)