Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desperate - Need Help with Exterior Colors

Posted by namesake (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 8:47

We started this project after trying three colors. We picked a BM color that was looking good as a patch but we are highly unsatisfied with how it has turned out. We have completed painting the front of our house and are now thinking of changing the color.

Most houses in the neighborhood have beige colors (I am in Florida). We don't want our house to stand out. At the same time we are looking for a color with personality. Also, the color should look good in all lighting conditions. The one that we started painting looks awful in night.

Please help!

Here is a link that might be useful: See Pics here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desperate - Need Help with Exterior Colors

I assume you are painting the trim also? That would make some difference in the appearance of your paint color. I would recommend going back to BM and also checking out Sherwin Williams. Instead of picking out a color from all their color samples, pick up their exterior home paint brochures. These will have some of the best recommended colors/coordinating colors for homes. You can also get the same type of brochures from your big-box home improvement stores.
You said you didn't want to stand out, but if all the other houses are beige, then even a neutral color would stand out...although I would rather have a color than beige myself. When you are done painting, I would add some planters/plants to the front of your home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here