Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me paint my downstairs

Posted by smugsy (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 6:56

I am moving in August and have a week overlap, so I would like to paint the new place before the furniture gets moved in. So, I am going to be painting the entire downstairs in one fell swoop and need to make some decisions now.

The family room/kitchen/breakfast room are open concept with no walls separating them. There are dividing points though where I can switch colors. The downstairs room are basically configured like a plus sign.

Breakfast Nook
Family Hallway to office
Room
Kitchen

The breakfast nook has three walls of windows. The kitchen has no windows.

I was thinking about doing the family room in two tones of a greige. The back wall has a fire place, so I was going to do that wall two tones darker. The kitchen I was going to do in a creamy white. There really isn't a lot of wall space in the kitchen. Then I was going to continue that white down the hallway to the office. My issue is the breakfast nook. I really wanted to do a warmer tone in there. But it will have two wall intersections with two different colors, since it juts off from the hallway and the family room. Any ideas? Too many colors in one place?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me paint my downstairs

Try posting this on the Home Decorating forum along with some photos.

o
RE: Help me paint my downstairs

We're in the process of painting our downstairs... it's open concept. We have a foyer when you walk in the front door with a wall on theleft, one on the right. The living room is open to the dinnete section and kitchen.

We painted our base color LA Boulder by Valspar (Lowes)... we love it! It makes the entire house feel so warm. It's a medeium tanish with a very and I mean very sligh pinkish/peach tint.

We do have a couple accent walls downstairs. The first would be our Foyer. It's painted a medium Tan, with a dark brown faux finish over top. In our living room we have a small cherry accent wall. It also has a faux finish (dark red + a very dark red). Then in this room we have dark red curtains from Bed Bath and Beyond.

I don't know... it just looks so cozy now.... like a home instead of a house.... I'll post photos in a new thread this weekend when I'm finished painting so you can check it out. It'll give you a lot of ideas =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here