Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smugsy_gw

Help me paint my downstairs

smugsy
11 years ago

I am moving in August and have a week overlap, so I would like to paint the new place before the furniture gets moved in. So, I am going to be painting the entire downstairs in one fell swoop and need to make some decisions now.

The family room/kitchen/breakfast room are open concept with no walls separating them. There are dividing points though where I can switch colors. The downstairs room are basically configured like a plus sign.

Breakfast Nook

Family Hallway to office

Room

Kitchen

The breakfast nook has three walls of windows. The kitchen has no windows.

I was thinking about doing the family room in two tones of a greige. The back wall has a fire place, so I was going to do that wall two tones darker. The kitchen I was going to do in a creamy white. There really isn't a lot of wall space in the kitchen. Then I was going to continue that white down the hallway to the office. My issue is the breakfast nook. I really wanted to do a warmer tone in there. But it will have two wall intersections with two different colors, since it juts off from the hallway and the family room. Any ideas? Too many colors in one place?

Comments (2)