Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
power paint rollers

Posted by kaffine (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 4:17

I have a 28x28' shop with a 10 foot ceiling that I would like to paint. I have thought about spraying but I am concerned about overspray. Do any of the power rollers work well? If so any recommendations on which one? Also are they able to handle latex primer and paint without them being thinned? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: power paint rollers

They work, but they are slow because you have to wait for the paint to arrive in the sleeve so you have to roll slowly.

o
RE: power paint rollers

We used the Wagner Roller just so we could say we used it. Tried it with different viscosities - Behr and Aura. From one extreme to the other on many levels.

It worked well. Once you got it set up and rolling, it did go fast. It was very convenient not having to reload the roller and it did apply a nice even coat.

Cleaning it is a major PITA. In the long run I'm not sure it saves any time in that situation. By the time you clean it just to switch from primer to paint or to switch colors, I seriously question time savings and wonder if you could just use a brush and roller and be done in the same amount of time.

We decided it would be best to roll one product/color, clean it, let it dry over night so it's ready for the next round.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here