Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't shoot me - painting T&G

Posted by harbormom (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 0:53

Don't freak too much, but I am wanting to paint a small room (7'x11') in our cabin that is rustic cedar T&G. The entire cabin is T&G and it's too much for me!

I looked for pictures of painted T&G and they are always with a better grade than what we have. Our cedar is smooth, but it does have knots and some holes. Does any one have pics of their knotty cedar painted?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't shoot me - painting T&G

I don't know about painting cedar. I have another suggestion for you to consider. We have a room that is paneled dark. At work, there is a room that is paneled with wood divided with white fabric panels. I asked my wife to consider attaching wide, white fabric "stripes" to the walls at intervals that would be attractive. It would brighten up the room and break up the monolithic panel look. We have not though about any detail yet. The fabric tone/color, attachment fabric type, etc are not even being considered yet.

o
RE: Don't shoot me - painting T&G

I think fabric walls can be pretty. But, that's not what I'm trying to accomplish. This cabin, previously, had leaked. We are just finishing the re-roof and removing sheathing, insulation and spraying for mold. Their appears to be some mold on the interior surface of the cedar - maybe even painting under a layer of shellac the previous owner put down. ugh. Now that we've got one side of the mold addressed, we are ozoning the interior space. I'd like to seal/paint one room and see how it goes. If it looks OK, we'll do the rest of the cabin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here