Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Farrow and Ball experts- need color suggestions for kitchen

Posted by sis2two (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 0:15

I am getting ready to make some changes to my kitchen and have been looking at the Farrow and Ball paint brochure. I desperately need help with choosing a color for my kitchen walls and I want the room to be a cheery space as we live in the woods and don't get a lot of natural light. Here is what colors and elements that will be in the space: heart pine floors, creamy white upper cabinets and backsplash, dark green lower cabinets about the color of Lafayette Green by BM, and white wainscoting. In the breakfast area I have a table with black base and black windsor chairs. My style is country or farmhouse.

I have dark colors in several of my rooms and I am wanting to go in a lighter direction with my kitchen. My DH would love a yellow if this would look good with the other elements in the room. I am really wanting suggestions about what would look best. Two of my rooms off of the kitchen are painted in Ellen Kennon's Berry Red and Hampshire Gray by BM which reads green. Would love your ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Farrow and Ball experts- need color suggestions for kitchen

Sis- I suggest posting this on the Home Decorating forum rather than here on Paint. Paint posters answer more technical painting questions while you will find the real decor and color experts on Home Decorating.

o

I agree with your DH. Yellow would be awesome given the other colors and the quality of light you have to work with.

The heart pine floors are likely going to be key in deciding which yellow. Technically, a yellow wall color with heart pine floors will shake out to be a monochromatic color scheme.

All that means is when you're looking for yellow paint, make sure it harmonizes, coordinates with the floors first - if it does, then move on to see how it plays with the other colors, like the Berry Red and Hamp. Gray, Dark Green.

Ellen Kennon's Buttercream or Buttercup are two that could work.

o

funcolors-thank you so much for your input. I will look at Ellen Kennon's swatches that I have. I am also wondering about F&B's farrow cream, cream or house white. What is your feeling about these? Thanks.

o

You're welcome. I might not be a real design and color expert from the Home Dec forum, but I try. :)

I would invest to test Farrow Cream - it's very pretty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here