Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Painting exterior pink???

loves2read
10 years ago

The house we bought in FL south of Sarasota as second home we discovered has a pinkish-red barrel tile roof with some gray/black streaks painted on...
right now it is painted a grayish white with med-gray trim...
We had the cracked original concrete driveway replaced with pavers in a white/pewter/peach combo which was the best match for the roof tiles...

The house is a one-story ranch with front double garage and just three single fixed pane windows on the other side of the front door...
lot of wall surface...

I am starting to think that painting the house a shade of pink might be worth considering when we repaint...
I wanted to use a yellow until I saw the tiles were really pink vs terracotta...
I have Googled and searched on Houzz for pink houses and most that I find have wood or composition shingle roofs that are gray---
The Santa Barbara CA city website has color chart for exterior house colors and there are several pink samples but no brand or colors associated with them...

Anyone come across any homes painted a shade of pink?
All homes in our subdivision have barrel tile roofs (an HOA requirement) but they are usually a terracotta or white...a very few green ones...
think ours is the only one pink with the black streaks...so don't have a local reference...
although I know that in the tropics and some other areas a pink house is not THAT unusual...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz