Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help choosing wall color to go with blue kitchen cabinets!

Posted by brneyedgrl (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 18:34

I need to paint my drab, used to be yellow kitchen walls. My problem is the cornflower.french blue cabinets. I love the blue but it's difficult to match. Do I contrast? Blend? Go darker or lighter? Suggestions appreciated!

Hope my link to a pic works!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help choosing wall color to go with blue kitchen cabinets!

Try posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

o
RE: Help choosing wall color to go with blue kitchen cabinets!

If you want to have pale blue walls, have the paint store mix up the same color formula you used for the cabinets, but in a larger quantity of paint. You will get a paler shade, and it will match tones.

If they take the formula for a pint and put it into a quart, you get "50%". If they use the formula for a quart and put it into a gallon, you get "25%" ... going even lighter usually doesn't work too well.

I think pale yellow walls would look smashing with those cabinets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here