Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daughter glued posters to walls!

Posted by rikerk (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 18:11

I need to paint & repair my daughters wall. I jsut learned that she and her friend glued posters to her bedroom walls and had written in them at some point (under the posters) with sharpie. Please help me figure out how to go about repairing these walls so that I can paint her room. When taking the posters down it has torn the walls and now that are areas that you can see the brown from the sheet rock. Also I plan to use BM paint a primer. Can you recommend which paint to use. I want something that will hold up & is easy to work with. God help her if she ever does this again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daughter glued posters to walls!

If the areas where the paper facing of the drywall has been ripped off are small you may be able to just sand the areas and patch them. Sometimes you will need to use Gardz though to keep the patching from bubbling. Use a stain killing primer on the marker stains like Kilz or BIN. If there is not much of it, it may be easier to pick up an aerosol spray can of so that you don't have to clean tools. After patches are dry and sanded and the marker has been spot primed with a stain killing primer, then prime the entire surface with Fresh Start and then topcoat. Aura is durable in any sheen and Regal eggshell is also pretty good.

o
RE: Daughter glued posters to walls!

Thanks for your reply paintguy, I will give that a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here