help suggesting similar paint color for exterior

M_N_A
10 years ago

looking for something warm but neutral, not peachy, yellow-ish, or taupe-ish

can you suggest some similar color?

Comments (3)

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Having recently gone through the process of picking exterior colors, I will warn you that anything you choose has to be tested on site. My colors look different depending on the side of the house.

I don't have any specific suggestions to make, but would suggest you make the rounds to the local paint stores and ask for their exterior color brochures. Ben Moore has theirs on-line to browse.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ben Moore exterior paint ideas

• M_N_A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks for the tips~ !

• loves2read
    10 years ago

I TOTALLY agree that you have to sample some colors on site
    Paint large cardboard sections that you can move around to different sides and times of day
    only problem with that is that exterior paint itself probably don't come in sample sizes like interiors--
    and in some cases there could be difference between an interior paint's final appearance and an exterior paint's
    just remember to use the same sheen factor--cause with exterior paint you will likely need some sheen--not just a flat paint...

IF you have a PC vs Mac product BM has app that lets you import a photo (of your house/room) and then paint it with color choices
    I can't use it because I am on an IPad most of the time and IPads/Apple products don't do Flash (thank you so MUCH Steve Jobs)...
    there are couple of other paint companies that do the same thing
    results might not be as great as photoshopped example by paint designer but gives you idea...
    also check out This Old House and HGTV
    there are home makeovers and examples of different styles of homes with various color choices...