Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnaamy

Help! Which color would you choose?

donnaamy
12 years ago

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker and have recevied so much valuable information from Garden Web. I'm nearing the end of a full house remodeling project. I've painted every inch of my house, inside and out, and have one last room. The room i need help with is our kitchen and family room. California beach bungalow small. We took down some walls to make this a 'great' room. French doors look out to a small backyard. It gets good light. Kitchen is custom white cabinents with Caeserstone countertops in Raven which is a charcoal color. Plenty of Stainless Steel to shine on a daily basis. Backsplash will be white matte subway tile. Fireplace will be small grey, white marble tiles with honed black granite on the seat. Lots of grey, silver, white and black going on.

I initally wanted a neutral beige, Ralph Lauren Pocket Watch White or Benjamin Moore, Birch White. I realized I needed color. My mind with to green because of the trees out back and that might make this tiny room larger, bring the outdoors in. BM Quiet Moments or Vale Mist? Then I thought of a blue, possibly a grey-blue. BM Smoke, Gossamer Blue, Palladian Blue.

I like my furnishings to add the color, not so much the walls.

Anyone suggestions?

The other rooms in my house: Bedroom-BM Silver Fox. Master Bath-BM Alaskan Husky. Laundry Room-Restoration Hardware's Mediterrian White.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos on flicker

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler