Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Which color would you choose?

Posted by donnaamy (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 15:18

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker and have recevied so much valuable information from Garden Web. I'm nearing the end of a full house remodeling project. I've painted every inch of my house, inside and out, and have one last room. The room i need help with is our kitchen and family room. California beach bungalow small. We took down some walls to make this a 'great' room. French doors look out to a small backyard. It gets good light. Kitchen is custom white cabinents with Caeserstone countertops in Raven which is a charcoal color. Plenty of Stainless Steel to shine on a daily basis. Backsplash will be white matte subway tile. Fireplace will be small grey, white marble tiles with honed black granite on the seat. Lots of grey, silver, white and black going on.

I initally wanted a neutral beige, Ralph Lauren Pocket Watch White or Benjamin Moore, Birch White. I realized I needed color. My mind with to green because of the trees out back and that might make this tiny room larger, bring the outdoors in. BM Quiet Moments or Vale Mist? Then I thought of a blue, possibly a grey-blue. BM Smoke, Gossamer Blue, Palladian Blue.

I like my furnishings to add the color, not so much the walls.

Anyone suggestions?

The other rooms in my house: Bedroom-BM Silver Fox. Master Bath-BM Alaskan Husky. Laundry Room-Restoration Hardware's Mediterrian White.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos on flicker

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Which color would you choose?

Wow, that is a gorgeous space. You must be thrilled.

I like the whole list of colors -- those are all really good options and maybe you should sample. I'd add one more to the list. You can snag the chip at Lowe's. It's Olympic's Blue Shamrock.

Or, you can go the full spectrum route and get the full spectrum version of Blue Shamrock from Ellen Kennon. She calls it Aqua.

Course it depends on the light, but Aqua would likely appear less colorful that the colors you've listed yet still be a color. Might be a good balance between the idea of color you started out with and where you are now.

Truly, loving the new space. Well done! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Buy Full Spectrum Paint

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here