Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rld7007_gw

Help with brown brick ranch trim colors

rld7007
11 years ago

We bought a brick ranch a couple of years ago and are just moving to the outside projects, namely soffits and gutters. Along with that will come painting the trim on the windows as well as the ends of the house and the garage door. As you can see from the photo we did a little work on the front door area. The door we replaced was a 42" behemoth that was smoking hot in the summer and we couldn't find a replacement storm door either. So my husband framed in the 36" door and we put up shakes (they are Hardi shakes) and painted them to go with the pointing. Originally we were going to paint the house because we aren't fans of the brick color. It isn't very attractive. But we're starting to get lazy or maybe the brick is starting to grow on us? Either way we need to pick gutters and soffits and trim color. Well the white storm door and window trim at the front entry looks fine with the painted shakes but i'm not sure that white trim, soffits and gutters will look good with the brick. I think it looks like we're fighting the brick rather than going with it. I had thought about a tan soffit and darker bronze gutters, though i'm still stumped with the window trim. My husband doesn't want to add any more brown if we can help it. My thought was that once the landscaping is in, the brown won't seem so overwhelming. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas about my three areas of concern.

Comments (4)