Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
roof flashing paint

Posted by roxan (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 13:49

We had our roof redone last year. They put 3 new vents and this has helped with attic heat. All flashing and vents were spray painted to match but the dummies did not prime the new vents and they started to peel. I scraped, cleaned and primed all incl vents where needed but could not find a matching spray paint in flat, only satin. DH says it looks ok, I think the satin is too shiny. Am I being too picky or should I search for similar color in flat? Is there a correct paint, finish and/or color to use or a matter of personal preference.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: roof flashing paint

I recently painted the fascia board below the flashing on the back of my house. Then I looked up and realized I should have done something to the flashing. I went back and painted the flashing with Rustoleum Painter's Touch metallic paint in aged copper. It looks fine, mostly it looks brown.

Having done that, I agree with your husband. The satin will look fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Painter's Touch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here