Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FPE Brick row house exterior

Posted by angc (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 13:03

It is time to paint the trim on our 5 yo home ( below is a mid construction pic) We are in a neotraditional neighborhood based on historic home styles. Ours is basically a detached row house (24 wide x 80 long). I guess it is sort of Georgian. I am going out on a limb for the front door. It will be Hollandlac Bottle Green. Nervously excited since we are 500 miles from the nearest dealer and/or certified painter. I will buy the Dutch door kit and trust our painter! Any help or advice for us would be appreciated.
The other questions are about how to treat the trim. Should we paint the trim around the door green as well? Our windows are 2 over 2 viny in white. I would love to paint them a mid tone grey brown. Is it advisable to paint vinyl? Can we use the semi gloss for the columns and trim? The trim around the windows are wood. The safest bet is green door, white trim, unpainted windows. Since the house is so simple on the outside, I would love to introduce some personality. I can post current pics with landscaping if that helps.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FPE Brick row house exterior

I would paint only the door so it stands out from the trim, the white frame will enhance the effect; matching trim would be a sea of green, door would get lost.
Casey

o
RE: FPE Brick row house exterior

Thanks for your reply. You're probably right about the trim around the door. Do you think I could paint the trim around the door, windows, columns, facia, etc in a slightly darker color like Wooden Shoes FPE leaving the vinyl windows themselves white?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here