Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acdesignsky

FPE Brick row house exterior

acdesignsky
10 years ago

It is time to paint the trim on our 5 yo home ( below is a mid construction pic) We are in a neotraditional neighborhood based on historic home styles. Ours is basically a detached row house (24 wide x 80 long). I guess it is sort of Georgian. I am going out on a limb for the front door. It will be Hollandlac Bottle Green. Nervously excited since we are 500 miles from the nearest dealer and/or certified painter. I will buy the Dutch door kit and trust our painter! Any help or advice for us would be appreciated.
The other questions are about how to treat the trim. Should we paint the trim around the door green as well? Our windows are 2 over 2 viny in white. I would love to paint them a mid tone grey brown. Is it advisable to paint vinyl? Can we use the semi gloss for the columns and trim? The trim around the windows are wood. The safest bet is green door, white trim, unpainted windows. Since the house is so simple on the outside, I would love to introduce some personality. I can post current pics with landscaping if that helps.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource