Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Vinyl Siding Product

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 10:19

Hi all!

Does anyone have any experience with this new Sherwin-Williams' Vinyl Safe paint for vinyl siding?

I know all the stuff about lighter/darker, etc.

I've had the colors I wanted my house since I stopped and asked these strangers if they knew their siding manufacturer and colors. They didn't, but had the color codes and chip sheet from Duron, which they gave to me!. I've wanted to do this forever, it seems.

I was hoping to hear from someone who used this product.
I have always hated my siding but can't even dream of residing. I'm thinking of trying the paint on the front porch, which is covered.

Any info here?
Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
More Info

I neglected to mention it's a technology used in other paints. Here's a link Vinyl Safe.

But the blurb reads: VinylSafe Color Technology is available in Duration� Exterior Latex Coating, Resilience� Exterior Latex and SuperPaint� Exterior Latex Paint. Each promises a quality finish that resists blistering and peeling.

Thx again!

o
RE: New Vinyl Siding Product

I've used the Duration on my vinyl shutters, in the gloss finish. It looks really good; the color I chose was Historic Charleston Green (a Duron color).

The paint is very thick and smooth and goes on easily, though I remember commenting to my husband that it was almost like painting with a liquid plastic. So far, it's holding up well on our shutters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here