Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blind Paint Test Results

Posted by ronald107 (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 9:06

Having painted most of my own home (or supervised the work) has led me to research various brands in search of the best paint for both looks and long-term value, and so this pst year I spent some serious time checking out many of the high profile brands available in the New York market.

After conducting my own blind tests, based on both visual and tactical considerations, my research indicates that although Farrow & Ball has some of the best marketing material and color names in the industry, their paint quality just doesn't measure up to their marketing image.� Benjamin Moore's mid-quality line actually was tied with the Farrow & Ball, but the latter cost a full twice the price of the Benjamin Moore!

All things said, the hands-down winner for quality and unmatched appearance proved to be a brand called Fine Paints of Europe. Although it may seem pricey at first glance, these paints are truly the 'real deal' - offering stunning oil paints (F&B dropped theirs this year) and by far the best acrylics I've ever seen. They also offer a water based alkyd called Eco - suitable for both interior and exterior applications. And as far as value, note that their Hollandlac enamel yields over 600 square feet per gallon, as opposed to only 400 for the others. (I believe it's because of the amount and quality of pigment in their paints.)

Do yourself a favor and check them out. I continue to be very pleased with the results.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fine Paints of Europe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blind Paint Test Results

long-term value,

How did you measure that?

o
RE: Blind Paint Test Results

It makes sense. At over $100 per gallon, it should be the highest quality paint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here