Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint Gun Model Recommendations

Posted by rjinga (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 10 at 8:24

I want to get a paint gun that I can use for several applications: redoing various pieces of furniture, my deck, outdoor swing and pergola, etc.

I searched here and found comments regarding Graco, but has anyone actually purchased and used any of these products and can you offer any critiques or reviews for specific models on how well they worked, how easily they were to clean up, etc.

thanks very much! I want to get one sometime soon and am hoping to have something to go on when I go shopping. I hate having that deer in headlights look on my face when I go out in public shopping venues ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint Gun Model Recommendations

Bought a Graco Pro LTS 17 from Lowe's recently (special order). It arrived with some minor concealed shipping damage: the plastic tool box was broken. Graco's customer service was absolutely fantastic, they responded almost immediately to my web-form request and after an email follow-up they sent the new parts asap (and the support people are in the US and they speak/write English, what a concept). Tech support was great also, they walked me through initial start-up so that I could practice with it before trying an actual project (still to come). The DVD was great, but it was still comforting to have the excellent tech support department. Can't wait for this awful Seattle winter to end so that I can put it to use.

o
RE: Paint Gun Model Recommendations

Honestly you are asking for the James Bond of paint sprayers... different sprayers do different things... for example an HVLP sprayer is awesome for the furniture finishing as it is the easiest to use and gives you the closest to a furniture finish, however spraying a deck like this is kind of crazy talk... on the otherhand an airless sprayer is great at covering large areas, but a little more difficult to use and quite expensive, I think the cheapest one I have seen comes in at about $700... Graco Makes GREAT sprayers, most of them I am familiar with are airless...

I think given your circumstances it may be more cost effective to rent the specific sprayer you need from a local store. But if you are going to buy, anything from Graco should be solid, and Graco's CONTRACTOR gun is one of the nicest guns out there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here