Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painter scratched new hardwood floors

Posted by pbadss (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 11 at 0:07

We're renovating our entire home, of approx 1600 sq ft. We had new engineered hardwood floors installed at the cost of about $6k. After the hardwood floors were installed, we had painters paint the interior at the about $5k.
I posted this on the remodeling forum, but thought I would double post here to get the opinions of some painters...
--

The painters ended up dropping a paint can, leaving a 3" semicircular dent/scratch on the new floors. The floor were covered with RamPaper before hand, but I did see it happen so I know it was the painters that left the damage. I have no idea if it can be repaired.

What do you guys think would be an acceptable resolution. Is it just one of things that happen and I should just let it go? or is it something that's worth pursuing a credit for?

Just curious what's an acceptable accident.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painter scratched new hardwood floors

As mentioned elsewhere, the flooring should have been after the paint but what is done is done. If you saw what happened then what is you're question? The worker that dropped the paint is responsible. If you have to replace the whole floor, then so be it.Thats what insurance is for. Hopefully you hired a real painter and not some fly by night guy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here