Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used a Woolie painting tool?

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 23:39

I was looking at different painting styles and came across the Woolie glazing color wash faux finish. This tool is sold on amazon, most seem to like it, saying it's easy to use even without artistic ability. I like the style, would like it in my bathroom. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it? Is it really easy?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used a Woolie painting tool?

Where I work, we haven't been asked about these for some time...yeeeeaars! It's just one of those painting fads that ran its course. Nobody does this anymore it seems like....

Many customers tell me "I'm painting over the previous owners horrendous faux-finishing...."

I did kinda like it...for a while...

Faron

o

Faron thanks for replying! Does this look at all like venetian plaster? I really like that look, wanted it for my main bathroom till I found out the cost. Thought this was something I could try to do on my own?

o

Yes, you can do it on your own.

The Woolie-roller makes a faux-finish easy. BUT...it looks nothing like VP. The trouble with most f-f, is that people get tired of a look SO fast.

Faron

o

Faron your so knowledgeable, hope you don't mine another question. Do you know of any faux painting which will have the look of VP? I usually hire painters, but have decided this will be a DIY....any suggestions will be appreciated.

o

"Most" of the LOOK of V-P is created from the actual "troweling-on" of a tinted plaster/similar product.
(sort of like spreading cream-cheese on a Bagel!)

This builds-up a "profile" on the wall (like the cream-cheese analogy), which is further accented by applying coordinating glaze-colors, or even waxes. There are a few companies that have a V-P-like product. Modern-Masters, McCloskey, etc. Probably plenty of Youtube vids too!

Faron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here