Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Promar 200 and roller

Posted by malibujason79 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 15, 11 at 23:31

Painted a room using promar 200 egg shell. I notice some lap marks in the sheen if I stand back and look at the wall at an angle with direct sunlight. I think my main problem is that I did not apply enough paint. When I back rolled the paint was starting to dry and this caused my problem. I was using shur-line 3/8" nap from the box store, not the best choice. What is a good cover to use as there are so many out there to chose from? Purdy white dove or colossus, wooster poly/wool S.W. contractor series ? I like the look that a 3/8" nap leaves, and would still like to have that with a different roller cover.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Promar 200 and roller

Get into a REAL cover like Purdy White-Doves or Wooster Pro-Dooz's.

B4 1st roll on the wall-
Let the roller get saturated (2 minutes!). Roll-off excess, load again. Let sit ANOTHER 2 minutes. Roll-off any "sheeting" paint. You should be able to walk around the room with a properly saturated roller, and not have a molecule drip off....well....this applies to GOOD paints anyway!!

>>> NOW, you're "Ready-to-Roll"!!

Don't push a loaded roller ANY further than 2'x3'....3'x3' at the MAX.
* Work in 3' wide columns on the wall.
* Apply FOUR loads (~2'x3') in this column, starting @ the top.
* Here's the KEY movement...after filling lowest rectangle (roller-load #4), bring the roller immediately to the top, and do a >>> LIGHT <<< CEILING-TO-FLOOR SWEEP of the just applied column.
* Read that step AGAIN...
* This evens-out the thin-spots and roller-turns that you can't see...because they're WET.
* PLUS- all paint is now "leaning" the same direction! You won't get the "Mowed Baseball-field" look!!

Faron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here