Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Good at Photoshop?

Posted by anymac (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 23:08

Hey Guys, we are considering this house and would:

1) Paint the brick white and leave the Fireplace red brick.

2) Add black shutters to the windows

3) Leave the garage section to the left red brick

4) Add a dormer to the garage section

Can anyone at least color the brick accordingly?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Good at Photoshop?

I'll be honest. Don't aim to be harsh but telling you straight up just like I would if you were my client. . .

Don't have time to photoshop it for you right now. But even if I did, I wouldn't. Because 1 thru 4 are all not good ideas. So not good, I wouldn't even 'pretend' them in Photoshop.

That house is almost perfectly fine just the way it is. Someone went a lil crazy with windows but you can't do much about that without spending some $.

The front door is completely wrong for that house and I'd change that first thing.

The cream color is too light. A darker, beige/taupe/arbitrary neutral color closer to the value of the brick plus haint blue porch ceilings would make for a much more cohesive curb appeal.

You didn't ask for anyone to chime in with their 2 cents about the house. You just wanted someone to Photoshop it for you. I didn't follow directions but I couldn't help it.

o

Thanks for the feedback. The house has no texture as it stands. We are not bent on painting. There are other ways to add the depth that is lacking. Shutters could help as well.

We could also leave it brick and just do the transom to the garage in off white or white siding with a cupola on the garage.

Here is a sample of solid light colored main house with brick garage and fireplaces and black shutters. We would make the transom from house to garage siding.

Here is a link that might be useful: Georgian

o

I just recommended this to another poster: try Benjamin Moore's color viewer. You can upload your photo and virtually "paint" the house any way you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore Color Viewer

o

Thanks for the tip. Working through it now!

o

So here's our painted house. Not sure yet if we would prefer black doors or maybe do red.

o

Before- side view.

o

Painted side view

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here