Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting Cinderblock

Posted by talya_2010 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 11, 11 at 22:32

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fun and bright color to paint basement walls for a playroom? The walls are cinderblock so i'm not sure if a color that would look awesome on a regular wall would have the same effect as when it's slapped onto a cinderblock wall. Also, it's a basement, so it gets little to no natural sunlight.

I was looking at Behr Japanese Fern or Grape Green. I should add that it has to be Behr paint (contractor is only using behr paints). Posting pics of the color suggestions would be super helpful. :)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting Cinderblock

If the walls are over 5 years old you probably wont need to worry about this. The Ph level should be checked. There are inexpensive kits at paint stores. You want the Ph level to be below 4 or you can have problems with peeling.

It is possibe to insulate at the same time you paint walls and ceilings.

By the way, get exactly what you pay for with paint and coatings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cerama-Tech of Texas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here