Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint over tile/Lowes Paint

Posted by angasal (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 07 at 20:29

Hi. I am new to this forum and it has SO MUCH GREAT info. 2 unrelated questions. How does painting over tile really come out? I bought an epoxy "tub n tile" product but am unsure if it will come out looking icky (moving into a pepto-bismol pink bathroom)... Also, I have been looking for a warm, carmel color for our mudroom and by looking at pictures on this forum, am pretty much sold on the Lowes Eddie Bower Bungalow Gold color. I have never used Lowes paints before, though, and wanted to know if it was good quality?
Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint over tile/Lowes Paint

Where did you geet the "Tub n tile" product? Brand name? Whatever you do, follow prep instructions closely! Unless your planning on spraying this product on your tub, I'd forget it. It will look "icky" as you put it earlier if you try to brush and roll apply.

As for paint products, Lowes will have some good products. Do you have a paint store near by? Not sure where you live - find a busy paint store and go in and ask question - they can help.

o
RE: Paint over tile/Lowes Paint

I thought of painting my shower stall, bath tub and tile in the MB for a couple of years and I did some extensive research. There are some websites that sell that stuff but even they sort of "hint" that it is better done by a pro. I talked to someone who TEACHES how to pant tile and she advised me against it saying it is a very short time solution.

Time and again, "everyone" said that refinishing tub and tile DIY is NOT a good idea, this is something that should be done by a real pro, if AT ALL.

After seeing a video clip of how it is done (most likely, on HGTV), I have no doubt that it is true. You can ruin your existing tub and would have to get a new one but after a lot of headache.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here