Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zpol88

Master bathroom colors

zpol88
10 years ago

Hello! I could really use some advice about my master bathroom and which colors to use for paint and cabinets. I am going for a modern feel in my master bedroom, which has gray walls, white trim and doors, boxy black furniture, dark wood floors, and a modern crystal chandelier. It really works, but the bathroom is a problem.

The problem is that I chose the same gray paint in the master bathroom because I did not know what else to do. However, the bathroom has tan tiles and bisque/tan toilet, vanity top, and shower. I am on a tight budget, so I cannot buy a white toilet or shower, so I need to work with the tan color. I feel like there is nothing modern about the bisque and tan colors in the bathroom, and they clash with the gray walls.

I want to paint my cabinets but white won't work with a tan counter top, black cabinets wouldn't look quite right either. I do have left over rustoleum cabinet paint in espresso color so that is an option. However, that would not match the black furniture in my bedroom. Should I just make the bathroom look completely disconnected and different stylistically? Or is there a way to tie in the colors and style?

My only solution I have thought of is to paint the bathroom a grayish blue so that the gray tones match the bathroom. Then, the espresso painted cabinets and tan tiles with bisque toilet/shower will work with blue walls.

I would love to hear any advice or solutions. Thanks so much!

Comments (4)