Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about spraying Glass patio doors

Posted by dhuston (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 12 at 16:35

Going to spray my glass patio doors in the next couple of days and I have some questions. The doors are full lite glass and have some screw hole covers/plugs that go into the molding. The molding is white and we are painting the doors white also. My question is would you advise that we spray the molding also or just spray the door. Also we used BM satin impervo waterborne off the shelf white for all the interior doors, what you recommend for the exterior doors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about spraying Glass patio doors

Moorguard Soft Gloss exterior for the exterior of the doors. We usually do paint the plastic trim after plugging the holes because that plastic ends up changing colors down the road.

o
RE: Question about spraying Glass patio doors

Just make sure you're not blocking any weep holes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here