Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What goes with SW Ivoire?

Posted by decchallenged (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 16:13

My foyer is SW Ivoire, which I love. I am looking for a color to paint my LR, which is very open to the foyer. I would like some shade of brown, but not too dark, or maybe tan. I have light gold curtains in the LR, so I want something that contrasts with them.
I'm not sure what will look good with the Ivoire.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What goes with SW Ivoire?

Just working with the two parameters of Ivoire and wanting a medium shade of brown or a tan...

Lots will work with Ivoire! :~D

I personally like a little green slant to a "brown" with Ivoire - something like SW Artifact and Relic Bronze. Also from BenM Jamesboro Gold. I'm on a J.B kick these days, dunno why. I think it's feeling very updated and chic to me at the moment. There's also Tamarind AF-120 from the BenM Affinity collection.

I'd go a dark chocolate with a cooler, bluer edge to it with Ivoire if we stayed in the browner category. I just have thing about a truer brown, chocolate with golds & yellows. It's an unattractive association for me but it depends on what else is with the combo.

My own house for example is a double order of SW baquette with a custom med-dark chocolate trim, but the tiled roof is redish umber, as are the water spouts and the stained patterned drive and sidewalks. So with the addition of the reddish umber, etc. I don't get the same vibe from the yellow and brown combo.

YMMV. :-D

o
RE: What goes with SW Ivoire?

I think the darker SW shades in strips 20-23 would work well with the Ivoire as they have a green slant, as mentioned by funcolors. I don't think pinky/peachy browns would blend as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here