Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint color for entryway, hallway and kitchen

Posted by Danion (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 16:06

Hi - I was hoping someone could help with some paint color advice. I am trying to decide on a paint color for my entryway which goes up stairs and will also include my upstairs hallway. I was considering keeping the kitchen the same color also. Now here's my dilemma - when you walk in my house, on one side you have the dining room in BM lenox tan and the other side the family room that is in BM Shaker beige. I'm trying to go with something that is neutral but not beige like the other rooms. Would a gray blend with the beige? Also, any suggestion would be appreciated!! I'm also open to a blue gray, but am a little afraid because blues seems so tricky! Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint color for entryway, hallway and kitchen

The Benjamin Moore website states that Lenox Tan goes great with Hampshire Grey or Grey Mist. They also show a navy blue color with it but that would probably be too dark for the hallway. I think that a light sage green color would look great with the tan color and is a nice hallway color.

o

2 possible solutions/options.
1 find a grey/blue in their color offering that is just right, although way too dark, meaning that is goes with both tans. Then using that too-dark color as the starter find the very lightest shade on that chip, and use that as you foyer. Add in a little more color [double formula? maybe] as needed.
2 blast it out of the water from an opposite-the-color wheel rich deep purple or something wild that just sets off the whole house. I was in a bay front house on the Chesapeake once and the lady had a stairwell painted in a fantastic purple that just made the house. Your color might not be quite so bold but try thinking outside the box.

o

Not sure if you're still looking, but we just tested out BM Silver Half Dollar for our entry and hall and it is a nice blue/gray.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here