Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chalk Paint...Is it all that it's chalk-up to be ??

Posted by forboystoo (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 12, 11 at 15:58

It's all the buzz on the blogs.
Yes I bought in .
Has anyone tried it yet.
I'm waiting to get the wax to finish it off so I really can't comment yet.
One thing I did notice is that it stains my brushes .
No priming needed though.
I guess the after process of waxing counter acts that step.
I know Miss Mustard Seed loves it.

I'm looking for an everyday DIY'er experience.
Thanks
PS I don't mean "chalkboard" paint .Attached a link if you haven't seen yet.
Anyone??

Here is a link that might be useful: http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/03/mystery-paint-revealed.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chalk Paint...Is it all that it's chalk-up to be ??

Yes, I've used it. I'm not only a DIYer but now a USA stockist for this paint. A tip for cleaning the brushes - use orange pumice hand cleaner....I got that tip straight from the Wooster Brush Co. It works great, and my brushes always take a beating, but keep looking and working great - just work it into the bristles and they come away really clean. As for the paint - love it, love it, love it. Ask away and I will tell you anything you want to know about it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - CA

o

OH. MY. GOODNESS! I looooove chalk paint!

I bought some because I am a little bit addicted to Miss Mustard Seed's blog and she loves it, so I thought I'd try it. And believe me, I am no painter, totally DIY, but this paint makes me feel like I could paint anything! It's totally quick and easy!

Here is a picture of the dresser I bought and painted this weekend!

Here's the before
Photobucket

And the after
Photobucket

o

Sooomanyboys,
Great job !
Did you also wax it..How did that go ?
That's the part I'm most scared of.
Thx

o

The waxing is really simple too. Just brush it on, I think it would be pretty hard to mess up too. The clear wax just makes the color a little richer and the colored wax just adds another depth of dimension. If I had one tip, it would be to apply the clear wax liberally (the paint seems to suck it up), and the colored wax sparingly. A little goes a loooong way!

Have you seen Miss Mustard Seed's wax tutorial? It is pretty informative and thorough. I had wax anxiety too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Miss Mustard Seed Wax Tutorial

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here