Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painting with oil paint - kitchen island

Posted by char35 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 15:19

I had my kitchen island painted with oil base paint. I did not like the color. I'm repainting. I lightly sanded the surface and repainted with the new color. I used a roller and brush where roller could not reach. One area has a run in the surface where I got more paint than I should have.
If this does not smooth out when dry, what is best way to correct this? If I need to apply a second coat, should I thin the paint a bit? Should I sand again lightly between the before the second coat? Thank you for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painting with oil paint - kitchen island

You'll need to wait at least 30 days for the oil paint to cure enough to sand evenly. As long as it's tacky, do not attempt to proceed. Wait until dry. Use #220 grit paper to sand the run flush. A light touch up will finish the job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here