Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sand1502

Paint color advice

sand1502
9 years ago

Hi,

I am thinking of using revere pewter by Benjamin Moore for our entryway. It's a great color but we have warm colored/red mahogany colored wood floors. Would the cool tones of revere pewter clash with the floors? Would a warmer color be better or would thw contrast be a good thing?

Thank you in advance. This is my first home and I am new to painting, it can be difficult to pick the right colors!

Comments (10)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

You might ask this in the home decor forum...a lot of people there have used this color.

• sand1502
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Will do, thank you! :)

• Williambrown
    9 years ago

The colour to be chosen actually depends on individual choice. As far as your question is concerned, you can opt for cool toned colours with warm floors. It will made a great combination. Apart from that, upload some images of house to have an exact idea of paint.

• bugbite
    9 years ago

#1 color at Sherwin Williams is Kilin Beige.
    My sister-in-law (who lives 2000 miles away) painted her upscale home with Behr. When she heard that we were trying to pick colors she said to pick Kilin beige. I was already considering that color because I heard about Kilin beige and was comparing it to other colors and it kept winning. Then it dawned on me and I called her back. I said, "Kilin Beige? you painted with Behr and Kilin Beige is a Sherwin Williams color, how did that happen?"
    She said a friend did some of her house in that color. My sister-in-law liked it so much that she color matched it at HD.

This post was edited by bugbite on Fri, May 2, 14 at 23:15

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

That's interesting about Kilim Beige. I painted my master bath that color and it had a definite pink tone to it. I ended up repainting because I have travertine tile that goes more to the gray/blue/tan colors even some brown and gold. It's all different colors except Kilim Beige!! I really wanted a true neutral with no undertones. I had it done because it is such high ceilings and then paid to have it redone in Woodlawn Blue BM. Still not sure if this is the right color. I am finding it a little hard to live with this color for some reason. It's beautiful going up and a nice color but I seem to do better with the barely there shades. I am so boring, I have had plantation beige formerly a Duron color but now Sherwin Williams in my open spaces for 14 years at least.

• bugbite
    9 years ago

Gr8day, Glad you posted. I kept thinking that Kilim Beige had a red tone. I will have to rethink that color. I have dozens of color cards stretched off trying to guess what I should get color samples for. Problem is I like some of Candence Olson's colors and also Darryl Carter but both are at BM.
    I keep thinking that I will go with SW Superpaint (I can get it for about $32 sale price.) But Valspar has a new expensive $44 paint that they will have BOGO free at Ace on the 17th. Now I have to look at their colors.
    A good thing about Valspar is their 2 year color guarantee. Don't like the color; repaint and they will give you the new color. But it's the labor that's the issue.

• cindya1678
    9 years ago

Hello I need help with color we're going to paint the exterior of the house the color of the roof is light grey but we don't know what colors to combine the walls and the doors thanks in advance.

• millertimjean
    9 years ago

I am going to be painting my Honey Oak cabinets White including the trim on my main floor. I am open to any suggestions. I have heard great review for BM Dover White and BM Dove White. I should mention that my appliances are white as well..................please help????????

• millertimjean
    9 years ago

I am going to be painting my Honey Oak cabinets White including the trim on my main floor. I am open to any suggestions. I have heard great review for BM Dover White and BM Dove White. I should mention that my appliances are white as well..................please help????????

• bugbite
    9 years ago

Guess it all depends on who is painting and how.
    If this is DIY, then...
    Because a smooth finish was so important to me and I didn't want brush strokes, I picked a Keylon spray can color (best spray cans I have used) and sprayed everything that could be removed. Then I color matched the color for the parts of the cabinet that could not be removed. I used a very small cheap roller* for the trim that made a very smooth coat on the trim. I brushed the inside.
    But if you are going to use a professional cabinet painter then disregard my comments.

*I love this little roller so much, I used it to roll paint samples this morning. Told my wife if I see another I will buy another, out of respect to this little roller. It is sooo useful. She said, Did I hear you right? You are buying a roller out of respect for everything it has done for you? I said, yes. She laughed.

Sponsored
All American Painting Plus
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars113 Reviews
Loudoun County Paint & Wall Coverings Professional: Best of Houzz