Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Perfect Muted Yellow

Posted by newhomeowner_2008 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 8, 09 at 12:49

Hello All!

I an in the process of trying to choose a paint color. We have a hallway & family room to paint. The sitting room (which you can see from the hallway and family room) is Guilford Green.I know I want yellow, but am having trouble finding something that isn't too sunshine yellow. We tried Cream Yellow by Benjamin Moore, but I felt like it had too much white in it. I want something that I can best describe as a very, very light mustard yellow. Ideas???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Perfect Muted Yellow

Don't know if these are the exact shades you want, but three popular SW muted yellows (don't scream "sunshine") are Jersey Cream, Ivoire and Butter Up. You could take and look at them and see.

o

SW Ivoire

Photobucket

Room's a work in progress.

There's a bit of red in the formula which mutes it.

o

My cabinets are SW Ivoire. Depending on the light and time of day it is a variation of a creamy yellow. Idon't really think of it as a mustard yellow at all, but depending on what colors you put with it maybe it could go a little more that way. I also have a room painted SW Blonde that is the next color down on the paint strip that definitely has more of a mustard-yellow look.

Here is a link that might be useful: wicked grace ivoire cabinets

o

If you go to this link in Home Dec, you'll see I asked trailrunner to post her laundry area for you. A color called Belgian Waffle that I kept going back to, didn't go with, and after seeing on her walls wish I had.

If you hop over to the Home Dec Gallery, in favorite Yellows/golds thread, scroll down and you'll see SW Jersey Cream in my unfinished at that time family room. Within the first year it morphed a bit, the yellow toned down a tad and tan undertone amped up a tad. Like it even better now. (Note my room is very low light, use mirrors to bounce light around. J-Cream in a very high light room can tend to wash out.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here