Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blossomsgirl

What colors go well with Tobacco Road?

blossomsgirl
14 years ago

I have TR in my old, very poorly layed out, farmhouse dining room. This room connects to the kitchen, study, bathroom, and living room. I painted my study SW Silvermist (lovely color) and my kitchen has a red wall paper on it from the 60's and the bathroom has old blue tile in it. We are in the process of redoing the connecting LR and I am trying decide on a color. The LR is north facing w/o much natural light. My current idea is to use SW Restrained Gold on 3 of the walls and SW Ivoire as an accent wall. The LR is only 15 x 15 and I thought a lighter wall would keep it cozy yet open.

My actual question is would Restrained Gold and Tobacco Road clash or flow together and is that too much gold for one house? I have also considered some subtle green/clay colors for the LR but fear my downstairs is turning into a rainbow.

Thanks, This is my first post here but I have been lurking for ages.

Comments (2)

• Faron79
    14 years ago

Tons more Dec-advice on Home-Decor forum...

Faron

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    14 years ago

TR and RG could be an interesting combination, sort of a tonal connection of color and space. It would be worth sampling and seeing how the two interact/react with the light and the spaces you are painting.