Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What colors go well with Tobacco Road?

Posted by blossomsgirl (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 12:47

I have TR in my old, very poorly layed out, farmhouse dining room. This room connects to the kitchen, study, bathroom, and living room. I painted my study SW Silvermist (lovely color) and my kitchen has a red wall paper on it from the 60's and the bathroom has old blue tile in it. We are in the process of redoing the connecting LR and I am trying decide on a color. The LR is north facing w/o much natural light. My current idea is to use SW Restrained Gold on 3 of the walls and SW Ivoire as an accent wall. The LR is only 15 x 15 and I thought a lighter wall would keep it cozy yet open.

My actual question is would Restrained Gold and Tobacco Road clash or flow together and is that too much gold for one house? I have also considered some subtle green/clay colors for the LR but fear my downstairs is turning into a rainbow.

Thanks, This is my first post here but I have been lurking for ages.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What colors go well with Tobacco Road?

Tons more Dec-advice on Home-Decor forum...

Faron

o
RE: What colors go well with Tobacco Road?

TR and RG could be an interesting combination, sort of a tonal connection of color and space. It would be worth sampling and seeing how the two interact/react with the light and the spaces you are painting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here