Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ralph Lauren paint vs Aura

Posted by lnmca (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 11:00

Hi! I'm a painting newbie but I love it. I really shouldn't be spending time painting as I have a crazy household to run but I can't resist (in fact my husband strongly encouraged me to hire it out due to constraints on my time).

I painted our breakfast nook with Aura after copious amounts of reading and searching on this forum about a year and a half ago and, after following all the steps, it turned out GREAT. I loved working with Aura. I didn't have to fuss with it and it self-leveled beautifully. I'm tackling our basement next from soup to nuts. I am choosing Ralph Lauren colors but really like Aura paint. I am afraid to get the RL colors mixed into the Aura base for color matching purposes (is this a valid fear?) and the idea of spending less $ per gallon on paint appeals to me.
Question: If I have only used Aura before, will I have a hard time transitioning to painting with RL paint? How do I do it differently? Do I have to fuss with the paint more to get an even outcome?
Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ralph Lauren paint vs Aura

is this a valid fear?) No

Stick to the Aura, RL paint is inferior.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here