Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tfitz1006_gw

Rebuilding after Sandy

tfitz1006
11 years ago

We are rebuilding the first floor of my 87 yr old mother in law's home at the Jersey Shore. She is expressing a desire to have everything "like before". In terms of paint, that means the old BM color called Oriental Silk. It's a buttery white. My paint store can make it. We plan to do the LR, new kitchen, and dining area in this color. Floors are light maple, cabinets in kitchen similar, perhaps one or two shades lighter in maple. kitchen island in white. Countertops TBD but probably something in corian with a grey-blue base.

I'd like to vary the color in the back of the house a bit but it would have to be compatible with Oriental Silk.

Can you comment on the color Oriental Silk and what trim would work? Dove White? Linen White? Also, there are two bedrooms on the first floor and two bathrooms. One is a powder room and one is a bath attached to mil's bedroom. Powder room can be dark, no window. She would like green for the bedrooms but I'd like to not see it all the same color. Can you suggest a good green? I've gotten BM camoflage as a suggestion and also soft fern. Also cottage hill by Behr. I would like to paint as she asks and perhaps just move up and down the paint card to create some nuances.

Any help gratefully accepted. if it helps, her furniture, rug, and drapes in the LR will be mostly in the blue family.