Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling and Trim color help please!

Posted by Jedward99 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 9:46

I have been planning to paint my bedroom in Benjamin Moore's Wheeling Neutral HC-92. I have been searching high and low, flooded with paint chips every where around me trying to decide on a trim and ceiling color.

Should I just paint my ceiling in a few shades lighter than my wall color...good idea or bad? I have noticed others say a few shades lighter then wall color, does this mean making the same color lighter? Or does it mean going down a few shades on the paint chip? For example down from Wheeling Neutral you have Carrington Beige? Confused on this ;\
What would be a lighter shade of Wheeling Neutral HC-92?

I am going for light creamy/beigy look for the ceilings and some kind of white for the trim to go along with it. Even more confusing is making sure the undertones work well together with Wheeling Neutral. Do I also stick to warm tones assuming Wheeling Neutral is warm? I want to avoid making it look dirty or dingy, or yellow.
Any advice, opinions, or ideas will be very much greatly appreciated. Thank you In Advance!!! :)

I included a link as an example of what I would like to achieve...

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is a similar look of the ceiling and walls I am trying to achieve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling and Trim color help please!

You can do either the same color lighter OR move up on the paint chip, whichever you prefer. The paint chip is the safest as it is a known color, one you can see. Using the half or quarter formula of the HC-92 is a little more of an experiment and you may need the help of the people tinting it for you to know what the end result will be.
Your picture says half formula to me. Good luck!

o
RE: Ceiling and Trim color help please!

Thank you Jumpilotmdm for the help! I will be looking into both options to see which one will work out. Ty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here