Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jedward99

Ceiling and Trim color help please!

Jedward99
11 years ago

I have been planning to paint my bedroom in Benjamin Moore's Wheeling Neutral HC-92. I have been searching high and low, flooded with paint chips every where around me trying to decide on a trim and ceiling color.

Should I just paint my ceiling in a few shades lighter than my wall color...good idea or bad? I have noticed others say a few shades lighter then wall color, does this mean making the same color lighter? Or does it mean going down a few shades on the paint chip? For example down from Wheeling Neutral you have Carrington Beige? Confused on this ;\

What would be a lighter shade of Wheeling Neutral HC-92?

I am going for light creamy/beigy look for the ceilings and some kind of white for the trim to go along with it. Even more confusing is making sure the undertones work well together with Wheeling Neutral. Do I also stick to warm tones assuming Wheeling Neutral is warm? I want to avoid making it look dirty or dingy, or yellow.

Any advice, opinions, or ideas will be very much greatly appreciated. Thank you In Advance!!! :)

I included a link as an example of what I would like to achieve...

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is a similar look of the ceiling and walls I am trying to achieve

Comments (2)