Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most durable interior wall paint?

Posted by bj_inatlanta (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 7:56

Years ago people had painters do interior wall paint jobs that lasted 30 years or more. Does anyone know what the secret was? We're building our retirement/forever home and hope not to have to endure interior repainting. Any help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most durable interior wall paint?

Lead.

o

Thanks, christophern. I'll pay the price for health's sake, but I sure wish I knew the best available option these days.

o

The most durable option out there now (with the new VOC laws in effect in most states,which takes most oils out of play) would be Ben Moore Top of the line Matte finish(imo)

o

I would also look at Fine Paints of Europe.

o

Hello Atlanta,
IMO, C2 is one of the top durability choices. They've used the best of everything to formulate this line...

* The best binders & resins available to a latex,
* The most Ti02/other pigments they could fit in each base,
* And, one of the best colorant-systems out there. This enables very complex colors to be reached with very little fade. Even "near-whites" can have 6 colorants used.
* Check out www.C2color.com for dealer locations/info.
* Prices are typically in the $40's/gal.

Have a good one!
Faron

o

Benjamin Moore is pretty durable and goes on so easy.

o

Good suggestions and I'm checking them all out. I've used Benjamin Moore's Pristine EcoSpec eggshell in a bath before and it's looking great, but it's only been 2-3 years, so it's hard to tell what'll happen in time.

Unfortunately, I don't have years to decide. I'm thinking that the old truism about getting what you pay for just might be right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here