Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SW Rainwashed - Help please!

Posted by josiesworld (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 11 at 0:24

Looking for everyone's thoughts for picking the paint color for my bedroom. After much discussion and thought (and 12 pots of sample colors!)I think i've finally found a color I can live with. But just not sure if it all goes together.
I have the following bedding: Better homes and Gardens posies and plaid set.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Posies-Plaid-Comforter-Set/13274493

in the picture it looks like a powdery blue, but in real life its more beachy colors, and one of the blues in the bedding matches the rainwashed color perfectly. my furniture is a dark espresso color, and the carpeting is a dark beige jute rug. Im going for a modern vintage look, not quite shabby chic. all of the trim is an ivory color (not quite white). any thoughts would be appreciated.

Originally, was going to choose BM Palladium Blue, but after painting large samples on wall, felt like I would be sleeping in a pool.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SW Rainwashed - Help please!

If you've sampled Rainwashed and you feel the connection to the other elements you have planned, then I think you're good to go. Well on your way to creating an overall, pulled-together look.

On *paper* it reads as if it's all adding up to a cohesive look.

o

Very pretty comforter.
I am also trying to find a nice spa blue like color for our bedroom and finalled decided on Quietude, the next color down from Rainwashed as the depth of it seems to look good with both bluish or greenish bedding. The Rainwashed read blue most of the time in my lighting.
Funny too how I started out with Palladium but found it a bit much.
Good luck with your project and isn't it nice to be able to get moral support when on the fence. I really depend on the expertise of these kind folks here when starting any project.

o

I've read the good things about Quietude and Rainwashed on the Decorating Forum. When I went out to choose colors last week (2 days to choose for the entire house!), neither color worked because of a strong bias to green. So. I chose Raindrop for an accent in a room painted Rhinestone. Raindrop is almost a marina blue with a hit of gray and Rhinestone is a light silver gray with a hint of blue. Lovely!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here