Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Muralo paint - can an older color formula be recreated?

Posted by nippy2 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 23:05

We used Muralo Ultra semi gloss waterborne enamel paint for trim in 1994. I want to use the same trim paint and color as I repaint our living room, but don't have the name of the white color.

The formula is written a little differently from today's: 7592 - 1
L - 4
C - 1
Printed on the cover: 759212E104

The front label reads: Ultra Semi Gloss Enamel, Waterborne, Durable tile-like finish. 7592 Custom White (formerly 750).

Can this formula be recreated to produce the same shade of white for our trim?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Muralo paint - can an older color formula be recreated?

Yes, if you have a Muralo dealer to take it too. If not any good paint store should be able to match it, if you have any left in the old can.

o

Unfortunately, the paint has separated and dried to a thick chunk. Cannot even get a stick into it to try to stir.

I will ask the Muralo dealer today about re-creating an old formula

o

That's so little formula...5 shots total...that I'd probably shoot it as is into their closest current paint series.

On 2nd thought....I might shoot it @ 75% of that formula, and see where it takes me!!
It's a little bit of Brown, & some Yellow-Oxide.
It may even accidentally be the formula for an existing color-name of theirs!

>>> Realize however-
You've got a TWENTY yr.-old color!!
Paints & colorants have changed A LOT!

Faron

o

You can also call Muralo directly if the dealer is no help, and a real human will answer the phone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here