Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahafernandez

Need paint color advice!!

sarahafernandez
10 years ago

I need to repaint my living room. I painted one wall green as an accent wall and it does not look good! I want to repaint the entire living room, but not sure what paint color. I'm finding it hard to match something with the sage-ish colored couches I have! My furniture is a dark cherry. I was going for a tropical earthy type of decor. I want it to feel warm and cozy. Any suggestion!?!? I'm thinking of a tanish Carmel color... Opinions please!!! Thanks :)

Comments (4)

• Fluffeebiskits1
    10 years ago

Did you still want to do an accent wall? Is that an area rug or carpet? Green coud work but not that green. It looks a little too yellow to me. Something more muted could work though. Are you keeping the throw pillows? I'd probably go with something a little more colorful and lively and pick a wall color from that fabric.

Dont know what brand you plan to use, but based on the SW Color Snap, you could look at restrained gold (had it loved it), rustic city, lemon verbena (green), studio taupe, cork wedge, harvester, and bosc pear to start. For Behr colors, desert shadows, winter garden, gobi desert, false cypresss, ryegrass, or mesa. And finally in ppg, foothills, hearth, or desert camel. Try playing around with those color apps. It can be helpful sometimes.

Posting in the home decor forum will also get you some great feedback. They're really good with ben moore colors there. Or Annie could help with a design seed palette since she's a master at it. Sorry it was long but hope it gives you some ideas.

• trinkette1
    10 years ago

It is difficult for me to pick-up on the couch color, however, the green color you've painted on the wall looks quite pretty on my screen!

• sarahafernandez
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Trinkette the couch is my biggest problem! Its a dark green/brownish color...

I might want to do an accent wall but not on that green wall. Its carpet, not a rug. Good idea with the pillows, never really thought about them!

I tried out Valspar Summer Tan this weekend. I think it is too yellow. Now I'm going to try a light brown buff color.
    So many choices!!! I might need to hire an expert lol

• Williambrown
    9 years ago

The color of the wall is not that bad. Ya, it looks a bit strange with the the couch color. But despite of changing the complete color combination, better option is to make the green color more dark so that it makes a good contrast with already dull colored couch. It will save your time as well as your money. Whatever option you will take, do post the new pics of your room. Have happy painting!

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz