Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pittsburgh Paint, SW, or BM for cabinets

Posted by nutmeg44 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 21:16

I am leaning towards pitsburgh paint- manor hall alkyd(water clean up). I have used their regular latex paint and really liked it.

I know SW pro classic and BM impervo are recommended also. Are all of these the alkyd with water clean up?

I also just saw BM advance!?!?!

Too many choices.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pittsburgh Paint, SW, or BM for cabinets

I didn't realize Pittsburgh Paint had an oil/latex hybrid (which is what you're asking for...regular alkyd paint isn't water clean-up). The BM version is Advance; BM Impervo comes in either an alkyd base or a latex base, not a hybrid. SW has many products under the ProClassic label, but if you want oil paint with water clean-up, you'd want their Interior Waterbased Acrylic-Alkyd.

The hybrid that I've used is the Ace Alkatex Cabinet and Trim paint, and I loved how it leveled compared to regular latex paint. The benefits of oil but I could still use soap and water on my Chinex brush!

You've mentioned a few quality brands, so I'd pick the one with the best service or location.

o
RE: Pittsburgh Paint, SW, or BM for cabinets

I'd stay with jessicaml's advice, with her last sentence being the most important. Go where they are the most help to your project, even though you might just be buying quarts.
Also look at additives that might help the open time [dry time] and flow & leveling. Flood makes [or made] a product called penetrol you might want to look at.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here