Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wolfpackmom_gw

Monroe Bisque or Shaker Beige

Wolfpackmom
11 years ago

If anyone has used BM Monroe Bisque or BM Shaker Beige, do they have an undertone color to them? It would be painted in various rooms with various lighting. Just wondering if they have a certain undertone.

Comments (6)

• aa62579
    11 years ago

My parent's painted their entire house in Shaker Beige. The other top contender was Bleeker Beige. They chose the Shaker Beige over the Bleeker because of lack of an apparent undertone. I think the Bleeker ended up looking greenish, but that has been a few years, so not sure.

The guy who painted the house was impressed with the color and how undertones did not come out with it. As an FYI, our Ace Hardware sells BM and the painter prefers the Ace paint, so it was done in an Ace base. Not sure if that had any bearing or not. Our testers were BM, and I can't tell any different between them and how the BM color n the Ace paint turned out.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    11 years ago

All colors have a masstone or hue bias. Not all colors have an undertone.

The Shaker Beige I used is just a medium dark golden yellow.

Swear that color is why I sold my house in six days. We used it in the foyer, kitchen, family room, up the stairs to the loft/office area.

It got a lot of positive comments from potential buyers. Hope it works out for you too! :)

• Wolfpackmom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

funcolors and aa62579 - thank you for your posts. Second coat is one and I just LOVE IT! I posted on the home decorating page also and someone on there said it reminded her of Light Chocolate Milk Shake - that is exactly what I would say too. It didn't darken much with the 2nd coat - but my painter does a wonderful job and does not gob paint on the walls. The salesman at the BM store said he could not rule out a pink cast to it - don't see it at all. When I asked him about the color - he smiled and said everyone loves that color. Our next areas to be painted are the family room, small hallway and kitchen. We might use it in the family room and small hallway but not sure about the kitchen.

• Debra W
    10 years ago

I chose Shaker Beige for my small house. I applied one coat in my dining room and immediately saw pink undertones. I had another gallon mixed with 25% less of the red undertone to get rid of the pink. I love this version and am in the process of painting the rest of my house with it.

The undertones will be different in different rooms and different lighting. You might like a colour in one room, but it may take on a totally different look in another room.

• Wolfpackmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad you love it - it really is a nice color.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts