Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onajourney_gw

best color -benjamin moore shaker beige HC45

onajourney
13 years ago

North facing, master bedroom (15'x11.5'), blonde bamboo flooring. Only 2 average size windows for light, so fairly dark room. Would shaker beige be a good choice? looking for neutral resale color. Prefer Benjamin Moore historical colors. Thank you.

Comments (9)

• graywings123
    13 years ago

You might try posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating forum

• sewwhatsnew
    13 years ago

My daughter painted Shaker Beige in a basement bedroom, it is a great choice.A nice light beige which looks good with brown tones in her carpet and bedding. She used Lenox Tan, much deeper, with gold tones, in the rest of the basemnent.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    13 years ago

I agree with sewwhat - Shaker Beige is a fab, flexible color. Great for resale and really great for anything. It's a quiet, elegant *neutral* golden tan.

If you like historic colors, you should check out Pratt & Lambert's Williamsburg Color Collection.

Pratt recently signed a new licensing agreement with Williamsburg for another 20 years - yep, because the colors are THAT lovely and scrumptious.

Here is a link that might be useful: Williamsburg fandeck

• Angela
    13 years ago

We did Shaker Beige in our guest room and love it - another one from the HC collection that turned out nice was Quincy Tan.

• onajourney
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the input - shaker beige it is :0) !!

• cynjean
    12 years ago

Can you suggest a color for informal living room to blend with Manchester Tan that is in Kitchen and Dining Room - Living Room is kind of dark so color cannot be dark - lighting is not good in there

• cynjean
    12 years ago

I need a color to blend with manchester tan - manchester tan is in kitchen and dining room - need a color slightly warmer in living room - not to dark

• chispa
    12 years ago

cynjean, you might want to start your own post to get your question noticed & answered. The original post is a few months old and readers might skip it.

• peaches12345
    12 years ago

funcolors, I'm glad you posted about the Williamsburg paint collection; not everyone is familiar with these. I am a nut about everything Williamsburg and the paints are beautiful. Also nice are the Duron/SW historic Charleston collection. Now that SW has bought out Duron they don't always have the Duron brochure out on the counter, but they do have it, so one can ask for it. They will make the Charleston colors in SW paint.